After an 8 1/2 hour drive, we’re back home in Ontario. The long weekend in Michigan was a nice change of pace. William and Niamh were not too bad in the car on the way there and back, and we didn’t have any trouble at the border due to Niamh not having her passport back yet.

Saturday was spent mostly driving down to Aunt Jackie and Uncle John’s place. We left home at about 8:00 am and arrived at about 4:30 pm. The drive was pretty nice, there was only a little bit of rain, but that was gone fairly quickly. We ate lunch on the road and dinner at our Aunt and Uncle’s house. We set everything up, talked for a while, and went to bed.

Sunday we got up, got ready and went to church. It was a nice Memorial Day service under a big tent beside the church (they have their services outside, under a tent during the summer). The sermon was on remembrance (not surprisingly), focusing on Joshua and the crossing of the Jordan river, and how the twelve stones were taken from the middle of the river and set up as a memorial. Afterward, we went home, ate, took a walk in the woods, and watched some of the Indy 500 and some NASCAR racing. I’ve never actually watched a full race until now, and I may never again, but at least I’ve learned a bit about the rules and had some fun watching.

Monday Alana and Aunt Jackie went to some garage sales and found some Spider-man bedsheets for William for about seven dollars, so he was happy. I stayed home and took some pictures of birds until they got back. We had lunch and then took the boat out on the river for most of the day. We got back, had dinner, and went to sleep.

I took yesterday off work for travel. We left at 9:30 am and got back around 6:00 pm. I drove most of the way in Michigan, and Alana drove the Canadian stretch. It was long, and William kept complaining he had to go to the potty, but it wasn’t too bad, compared to how it could have been. It’s nice to be home, even if it does mean I have to go back to work. 🙂

That’s pretty much the summary. I had a bit of time to catch up on some of my Creation magazine reading and my CRSQ’s as well. That was good – I was beginning to fall behind a bit. But now it’s back to work (now), and back to baseball (tonight).