Since I’ve been tagged, here’s my list of eight facts/habits:
- I’ve had three injuries that could be considered serious: I broke one arm when I got pushed out of a friends tree house; I broke the other arm getting hit from behind, playing hockey; and I got hit in the head by a truck’s mirror while I was running home from church one day when I was about seven (requiring me to stay at the hospital for about a week).
- I have a mild case of Pulmonary Valve Stenosis (i.e. a mild heart murmur). My daughter has a mild heart murmur as well.
- I get heat rash on my fingers in the summer when the temperature rises quickly from one day to the next. I never had this problem until I got a severe case of poison ivy on my hands once, but it’s been an issue since.
- My wife thinks that I’m a hypochondriac. I don’t think that I am, but I fear that I may be.
- I took mechanical engineering at the University of Waterloo for a couple of years, but never really took to it. I later went to Georgian College for computer programming instead.
- When my wife and I had just gotten married, we rented an apartment that was infested with cockroaches and pestered by pigeons that loved to coo coo at around 3:00 in the morning. In university one semester when I wasn’t in school I virtually lived at a friends house that was later referred to as the “maggot” house.
- Thankfully, I’ve only ever heard someone scream out, “We’re all going to die!”, and actually mean it once. Gabe, Dave and I were driving to a New Years Eve party when Gabe had to slam on his brakes because of someone in front of him. His brakes weren’t balanced very well, so he compensated, then overcompensated with his steering until we flew into a 450 degree spin in the middle of Highway 400 before slamming backwards into the median. Dave was the one doing the screaming. The car was fine when Gabe finally got it started up again, but not until after a bus had to swerve into the next lane to avoid it.
- I consider myself an introvert, but somehow I’ve managed to win a speech writing contest in grade 8, and perform the lead role in a high-school play.
I also bite my fingernails, but Matthew‘s already mentioned it, so I won’t include it in the official list.
As for eight other people to tag. Hmm… I’ll have to think of that…