A quick entry (maybe) about what’s been going on in the past few weeks.

Earlier on in the month, while there was still snow, the kids and I went tobogganing a few times (once with Alana as well). It’s too bad there’s not much snow lately, so we haven’t had much of a chance in the past little bit, but I’m thankful for the lack of snow in other ways (i.e. for driving purposes). William also got a new (for him) pair of skates and a hockey helmet (both for free – I don’t know how Alana finds these things), and he got to go skating a couple of weeks ago as well.

Niamh went to the eye doctor last week and she’s now started wearing a patch for 2 1/2 hours each day. The glasses haven’t gotten rid of her lazy eye yet, so this is the next step. They expect that since we caught it relatively early (so they say) that the patch should be sufficient.

The kids have both started swimming lessons again. Niamh is redoing the course she took several months ago, while William is moving on. Being older, William seems to be progressing quite well, but I think they both enjoy the lessons quite a bit.

I’ve been busy enough. Work is getting busy with various things in the works. I left work early on Thursday at about 2:00 in the afternoon due to a stomach flu. It appears that William caught the same bug yesterday. He threw up in his bed while Alana and Niamh were sleeping, and then on the couch when his bedsheets were being washed. He still isn’t feeling well enough to eat today, but he looks better, at least.

I went to my first Classis meeting a week and a half ago. That was fairly interesting. It was about as I expected, I suppose, with all the procedural stuff, but we also got to worship together in the morning, had a workshop on abuse and reconciliation, and a classical exam of a pastoral candidate. All-in-all, it was a pretty positive meeting. I knew many of the pastors there, since we’ve had so many different preachers come to our church in the absence of a full-time pastor – so I didn’t feel totally out of place.

Other than that, I finally finished off my bothers’ website (which you can take a look at here if you want). It still could use a little tweaking here and there, but at least we have a better idea of load times and load behavior now that it’s up. Writing and designing websites is not my thing, but I think Phil did a good job in the design, and even though I’m not horribly proficient at Flash (I never use it anymore), it turned out well enough.

The next two weeks will be busy. Tonight we have a congregational meeting, followed by a council meeting tomorrow night. Then on Wednesday I have a home visit, followed by a visit to the hospital for Niamh on Thursday. On Saturday Chris is coming over to help put the trim in Niamh’s room. Sunday I’m taping the services (which isn’t difficult, but it means I have to set it up on Saturday). The following Monday I have another home visit, and so on… But after these two weeks, I think things will quiet down for the next couple of weeks.